Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Christy Joins Bring Me Hope's Staff Team


At fifteen, my only dream was to be married and to have children. I had no desire to go overseas or get involved with a mercy ministry working with orphans.

Rosalind Goforth (a missionary in the 1900s) wrote, “I have often praised God for denying my prayer; for had He granted it I could never have come to China.” As I read these words, it was as if they were written just for me. Had God answered my prayers for an early marriage and family, a passion for China and Her children would have never been born in my heart. This summer, that passion led me to take a more committed step – a one-year commitment of working at The Coconut (Bring Me Hope’s stateside office).

This year I will be:

  • Planning Summer Camp 2008- This is what Bring Me Hope (BMH) is all about. Each summer, we host a camp where orphans, Chinese college students, and American/Australian volunteers come together for 5 days full of fun and love. This summer three of our college students made a decision to follow Christ. It is amazing to watch how God uses social ministry to spark an interest with the Chinese people.
  • Traveling to Locations in the US and Australia to spread awareness about Chinese children and to raise funds for BMH. Every child deserves a chance for Jesus and a family. In the past month, I have been thrilled to help in the adoption process of Maggie and Ginger, twins from the 2007 Summer Camp.
  • Working Closely with David (my brother) to assist him as he directs BMH.
Would you prayerfully consider joining my support team?

No comments: